Any Winona County resident or anyone who resides within the SELCO region of southeast Minnesota is eligible to receive a free library card. Wisconsin residents may receive a card for a $40 annual fee. You may also purchase a 6-month non-resident card for $20, or a 3-month non-resident card for $10. The cost for a replacement card is $1.00.
To apply for a library card you will need to provide current proof of residence in Minnesota. A valid Minnesota driver’s license with your local address on it is the best form of proof.
Be sure to bring your library card with you when you visit us. Your library card enables you to:
• Check out materials from our library and at any library in the SELCO region
• Request items from other libraries
• Use library internet computers
• Search online databases from your home
• Check your account online