Create pumpkin lanterns to have around your house for Halloween during the Winona Public Library's Craft 'n Things.
Brown Acrylic Paint
Wooden Ice Cream Spoon
Googly Eyes (2)
Small Foam Heart (3/4 inch at its
Small Button (1/2” diameter)
Large Foam Heart (2 inches at its
Fabric Leaves (3)
2 Inch Clay Pot
Glue Dots (9)
1. Paint the wooden spoon brown. You can do just paint the front or the front and back. Set aside. The paint will dry in one hour.
2. Take a glue dot and place it in the middle of the large heart. Place the tip of the large heart at one end of the clay pot. Press and hold the pot to heart so the glue dot will stick.
3. Take one of the leaves a place a glue dot at the bottom-center of it. Place the leaf on the rim of the pot just above the point of the heart. This is so the back of the turkey is center with the front.
4. Take the other two leaves and place a glue dot at the bottom-center of them. Place them on the pot’s rim on either side of the leaf in the center.
5. Once the paint on the wooden spoon is dry, it is time to build the body of your turkey.
Take the small heart and put a glue dot on the back of it. Place the heart on the painted side of the wooden spoon, just above the part where the spoon is at its thinnest.
6. Put a glue dot on the back of each googly eye. Place the eyes just above the small heart on the spoon.
7. Put a glue dot on the back of the button. Place the button just below the small heart on the spoon.
8. Next, connect the body of the turkey to the pot. Put a glue dot on the outside rim of the pot (opposite of the leaves). Press and hold the wooden spoon to the pot so the body of the turkey is showing.
9. You are done! Fill the pot with candy and enjoy!
YouTube Tutorial: Mini Turkey Candy Dish