Youth Services Position
The full job posting, application form, and supplemental questionnaire are available on the City of Winona's Human Resources webpage.
Can you get groovy with Pete the Cat? Do you know the difference between Marvel and DC? Winona Public Library is seeking a Youth Services Associate who is passionate about customer service, knowledgeable about materials and programs that appeal to children, teens and families, and is able to work individually as well as part of a team. This full-time position is responsible for assisting in providing programs and services to customers of all ages. The successful candidate will have high customer service standards, a genuine ability to relate to kids of all ages and their parents, a sense of humor, and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and technologies.
February 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
$43, 228 ($20.81/hr); non-exempt
Anticipated Start Date
This full-time service position performs customer service, programming, outreach, and collection development work at the reference, children’s, and circulation desks. The current opening is in the Youth Services department.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in children’s literature, library media, education, or related field.
- Two years of library, customer service, education, or related experience.
- Five years of library, customer service, working with youth or related experience.
Required Application Documents
The following documents are required to apply for this position. Please note that the City of Winona does not accept resumes in lieu of a completed application and supplemental questionnaire. The City hiring process is based on a merit point system and failure to complete information and provide documents listed below may result in loss of examination points.
- City of Winona employment application
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
- Veterans only: Veteran’s preference form and member copy four of the DD214, or other documentation verifying service to substantiate the services information requested on the form. Points will only be awarded if documentation is submitted.
- Cover letter