Computers, Wi-Fi, Printing & Faxing
We offer free public internet access on 8 computers in Adult Services and one in Youth Services.
- A valid library card is required to logon.
- Guest passes are available for visitors.
- Each cardholder is allowed 45 minutes of use per day.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Microsoft Office 2021 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) is available on all internet PCs.
- Scanning is available from our copier to all Adult Services PCs.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building and outside on library grounds. The password to gain access is winonapl.
Use of all library computers is subject to compliance with our Computer and Internet Use Policy.
Wi-Fi Connection Information
Wireless internet access is available throughout the building. To connect to the network:
- Open the list of available wireless networks and select “Winona Public Library.”
- Click to connect to the network and enter the password: winonapl.
- A browser window should appear where you need to accept the library’s Wireless Internet Use Policy. If it does not, open a web browser and attempt a search. The policy acceptance page should then load within the browser window.
Please note: The library cannot guarantee that your equipment will work with the library network.
We also offer serveral hotspots available for checkout.
Can your device “see” the network?
If not, make sure your device’s wireless is turned on and that you are trying to connect to the network named “Winona Public Library.”
Have you opened a browser?
You need to get the Wireless Internet Use Policy page to load in a browser and select “I Agree” to fully connect to the library’s wireless network.
Are you having trouble getting the Wireless Internet Use Policy page to load?
If you’ve connected to the network and opened a browser, but the Internet Use Policy acceptance page is not loading, then try navigating to https://winona.lib.mn.us. This will often kick-start the Wireless Internet Use Policy page to load.
Have you tried all of the above but are still having trouble connecting?
If you have tried the above steps and are still having problems, then try disconnecting from the network and restarting your device. This often solves connection issues.
Mobile or Wireless Printing
Print from your laptop or mobile device.
- Email your print job as an attachment to the printer at email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation email in return that contains release codes for the body of your email and attachments.
- At the copier, select Print Cloud from the menu.
- Enter the release code and select your print settings.
- Pay for the printouts at the Reference Desk or Checkout Desk (b/w: $0.10/page, color: $0.50/page).
- Print jobs expire after 3 days. Maximum file size is 300 MB (email attachment size limits are typically much lower than this).
Supported file types: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, jpeg, jpg, png, gif, htm, html, tif, tiff, txt.
Printing, Photocopying & Faxing
Printouts from public internet computers or photocopies cost $0.10 each for black & white, color are $0.50 each. 11″ x 17″ ledger copies are $0.20 for b/w, and $1.00 each for color.
The photocopy machine is located on the second floor.
The library does not have a dedicated fax machine, but instead uses the FaxScan24 service (website) to send a fax online from a library computer or your own device. You can also use this site on your own computer at home.