We are offering curbside pickup for item requests! How does it work?
- Place your request(s) on items in our online catalog.
- Please note that we are only able to allow 10 item requests per card at this time and that library staff are unable to come to the door to field questions.
- When the item(s) are ready, you will receive a notification via your chosen form of communication (text/email).
- You will then need to schedule a pickup time using this online form or by calling the library at 507-452-4582 during our scheduled pickup hours (see below).
- Come to the library at your scheduled pickup time.
- A cart will be outside the main entrance doors of the library (Johnson St.). Take your bag of items. It will be labeled with your last name and last 4-digits of your library card number. All of your items will be inside, along with a copy of your due date slip. Please note that although your appointment time is specific, we do leave your bag out at least 30 minutes to allow you some flexibility in arrival time.
Curbside Pickup and Item Return Hours:
Monday-Wednesday-Friday 9 AM - 2 PM
Tuesday-Thursday 12 - 6 PM
Saturday 9 AM - Noon
There are bins located outside the library's main entrance doors in which to place your items. The regular bookdrop will not be used during this time. Please note the hours we accept returns listed above.
For the safety of all, please note that items will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before we will be able to check them in. No late fines will be charged.
Library Closure FAQs
Why is the Winona Public Library closed?
Based on the latest information from the Minnesota Department of Health about mitigating the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the State of Minnesota's Stay Safe MN order, we have made the decision that closing our building is in the best interest of public safety at this time.
How long will the library be closed?
Library administration is working with City officials to reassess the situation and determine when it is best to reopen. Patrons are encouraged to check our website and social media for updates, as well as the City of Winona COVID-19 Community Response page.
When are my items due and will I be charged any late fines?
All items will not be due until after we reopen. We also will not be charging any late fines for any materials through Labor Day (Sept. 7th). Although overdue notices are being sent out, please rest assured we will NOT be charging late fines.
Can I return my items to the library during the closure?
We are accepting returns during scheduled times. Our bookdrop will be closed but items can be returned in the bins outside our main entrance. Please see the schedule listed above for the dates and times that you can drop off your materials. No late fines will be charged for items returned through Labor Day (Sept. 7th).
Please note that items returned will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before being checked in.
Can I apply for a library card?
Yes! We encourage you to fill out our online card application form. This card will allow you to request materials and download eBooks and eAudiobooks.
Can I place requests on materials in the online catalog?
Yes, but with some exceptions. Materials owned by libraries that are closed may not be requestable at this time.
Are you offering curbside pickup?
We are offering curbside pickup by appointment. You can find all the details and schedule an appointment on our curbside pickup page.
Is the library's wi-fi still available?
Yes! Coverage extends in front of the library on Johnson Street. Feel free to park outside the library to access our public wi-fi (password is winonapl).
Is the library still offering any programming?
Yes! We have switched some of our programs to a virtual setting. Our monthly book discussion and storytimes are now being offered online via our website, Facebook, or Zoom virtual meetings. To view the full list, visit our Virtual Programs page. Please note that any programs that meet via Zoom will require registration via the link on that program's page.
Where can I find updates on the current coronavirus situation and the library?
We have compiled a list of links related to the coronavirus outbreak, as well as links to other area updates on our COVID-19 Information page. We also are continually posting updates to our website and Facebook pages.