We’re excited to offer Cubetto Playset Kits for checkout at Winona Public Library! Cubetto is an educational robot best for ages 3-9. Cubetto activities are self-guided with the included adventure book, so you can teach yourself to code and play with the robot. You do not need a device.
Here’s what you’ll find in each kit:
♦ A quick-start guide
♦ 1 robot with 3 AA batteries inside
♦ 1 play board with 3 AA batteries inside
♦ 16 play tiles in a cloth bag
♦ 1 cloth map
♦ 1 story book
♦ 1 instruction book
Checkout time is four weeks. To make sure kits are available to lots of patrons, there is a limit of one kit at a time per household and it can only be checked out on an adult card.
These kits are available as part of Tecreation @ WPL, a new makerspace program made possible with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Library Services and Technology Act [LS 00-20-0024-20].
The library also hosts in-person Tecreation programs at the library and other community locations, and we’re committed to bringing these experiences to youth across Winona.
For more information about using Cubetto at home, check out Cubetto’s User Manual and Cubetto’s Playroom. You can also read a guide for caregivers all about exploring computational thinking with young children.
Cubetto Playset Kit Care Tips
This kit is designed for use by kids, but be nice to it! Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Take care of the kit for the next person. Don’t throw, drop, or kick the pieces, and don’t try to take individual pieces apart.
- Keep the Cubetto in sight when you are using it. Use the Cubetto indoors only.
- If Cubetto gets dirty, wipe clean with a damp cloth. No chemical cleaners, please! Leave that to us.
- The included batteries are good for 5 hours of continuous play, so be sure to turn off Cubetto when you’re not using the coding tiles. You can still play with it when it’s off. If you have additional batteries, you may use them, but be sure to return the Cubetto with the original batteries.
- If any part of the kit breaks, contact the library. Call youth services at 507-452-4592.