Winona County Residents
Anyone who lives in or owns property in Winona County, Minnesota is eligible for a Winona Public Library card. Children are eligible for a card with a completed application and proof of residence by a parent or guardian.
Minnesota Residents Residing Outside of Winona County
If you live in Minnesota but outside of Winona County, you are eligible to have your home library card activated so that you may use all of our non-digital services*. If your current library is a member of the SELCO system, you are already eligible to use our non-digital services.
*Winona Public Library’s digital services are available only to the citizens of Winona County because they are paid for by local property taxes.
If you live outside of Minnesota, you can obtain a library card for an annual, non-refundable fee of $40.00. You also have the option of a six-month card for $20, or a three-month card for $10.
There is a $1 fee to replace your library card.
What Do I Need to Get a Library Card?
To get a library card or have your card activated for use at Winona Public Library, bring in the following identification:
- Minnesota Driver’s License or Photo ID with current address
- Photo ID AND a bill, lease or mortgage statement with your current address
Fill out our online form. You will need to provide ID to checkout physical materials.
Be sure to bring your library card with you when you visit us. Your library card enables you to:
- Check out materials from our library and at any library in the SELCO region
- Request items from other libraries
- Use library internet computers
- Search online databases from your home
- Check your account online