We’re excited to offer littleBits Circuit Kits for checkout at Winona Public Library! littleBits is an educational circuit-building kit best for ages 8 and up. littleBits activities are self-guided with the included instruction booklet, so you can teach yourself to make and play with the circuit pieces. You do not need a device.
Here’s what you’ll find in each kit:
♦ 5 circuit pieces
♦ 11 accessories
♦ 1 9V battery
♦ 1 instructional booklet
Interested in checking out a littleBits Circuit Kit? Fill out this request form, and we will contact you. Checkout time is four weeks, with no renewals allowed. To make sure kits are available to lots of patrons, there is a limit of one kit at a time per household.
These kits are available as part of Tecreation @ WPL, a new makerspace program made possible with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Library Services and Technology Act [LS 00-20-0024-20].
The library also hosts in-person Tecreation programs at the library and other community locations, and we’re committed to bringing these experiences to youth across Winona.
littleBits Kit care tips
- This kit is designed for use by kids, but be nice to it! Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Take care of the kit for the next person. Don’t throw, drop, or kick the pieces, and don’t try to take individual pieces apart. Don’t twist or crimp the wire bits.
- Keep the littleBits in sight when you are using them. Use the littleBits indoors only. A hard surface, like a table, is best.
- Don’t try to clean the littleBits. Leave that to us!
- Keep littleBits away from children under 3.
- If any part of the kit breaks, contact the library. Call youth services at 507-452-4592.